Wir leben alle unter dem gleichen Himmel, aber wir haben nicht alle den gleichen Horizont.
Konrad Adenauer

Friday, October 12, 2012

time's running or running up the Preikestolen

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's official, 2 month in norway now and less than 2 month left.

Last weekend a big group of ESN Students made tracks to the famous Preikestolen, a hudge cliff formation that looks like a big slap. Unfortunatly it started to rain right at the moment we wanted to hike up. It was a 2 hours hike trip where you need lightness and sportiness, even more when its rainy and windy. I got totally exhausted. But maybe because I hiked up with all the sportstudents and kilimanjaroclimber??? Probably yes!
I am gonna show you what we might have seen 





and what we actually have seen:






As you can see we couldn't see anything but us and a rock! A highlight to celebrate!
So the only thing I was thinking about with horror was the way down.

 I couldn't even use my camera in a normal way 'cause it was raining so hard. We all got wet totally, it looked more if you had jumped into a pool... crazy!




                                     But we made it !                        








The evening was one of the typical party evening all the erasmus students wants to behave like young kids.
But we stayed in a "Hotell" build at a hospital, so actually we stayed in a hospital but with rooms looking like hotel rooms. And we had breakfast together with people on crutches and newborns, that was weird.






The sunday morning after breakfast we went together to the city center of STAVANGER.
A small but very beautiful city with lots of coloured houses and in a typical fishertown - style:


 Even in german and spanish they wrote.

We drank a choclate there, it was really heavy.

I loved this colourful house with all the books inside.

 And even Mexico was represented in Stavanger:


Don't ask me, he is some famous norwegian. But the norwegians have a looooooooooot of famous people that the rest of the world doesn't know.



We entered a beautiful church:





In Norway you'll see always wood in churches.
First because they do have such a lot of.
Second because it is warmer in winter.

I have to admit that I prefer the south-european style how churches were built, with stones and marble.

But it has always something "cute" in these churches here in norway...



 With the columbian gang! It was so windy!



We are standing in front of a plat mirror which meaning I forgot -
so now it was meaningless until we took this foto with us of it....




 Knock - knock - anybody there?
 Just have a look at the letter box - divine!


My house! My garden...
 My house - my flowers...
 Oh no, wait, this is my house. Seriously I'd like to make it our house, do you like it W.???




Later on in the cafe! With Anne and Nina.



"Granny was talking!"

1 comment:

maxtodoterreno said...

Me encanta esta pagina del blog